Ash Ketchum is the main character of the Pokémon anime series. Based loosely on the protagonist of the first generation Pokémon games, Ash is a young trainer with dreams of becoming the best. He travels through many different regions of the Pokémon world to accomplish this goal, with his friends and his Pokémon team, in particular, Pikachu, his starter Pokémon, by his side.
In the Fiction Wrestling Multiverse (FWM), Ketchum is a professional wrestler currently signed to WWE, where he performs on WCW: Showdown, Anime Wrestling Federation (AWF), where he performs on the Battleline brand, Northern Carnage Wrestling (NCW), where he performs on the Prime brand, and Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW), where he performs on the Ignition brand.
- Series: Pokémon (anime)
- Species: Human
- Age: (in series) 10 (in FWM) 20
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 180 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) WCW: Showdown, AWF, ACW, CAWF (Formerly) NCW, WWE: Animated, CWA
- Debut: 1996
- Status: Active
- Billed from: Pallet Town, Kanto Region
- Allies: Pikachu (first Pokémon and partner), Misty (wife), Tracey Sketchit, May, Max, Dawn, Iris, Red, Tai Kamiya, Goku (mentor)
- Rivals: Gary Oak, Brock, Seto Kaiba, Linus van Pelt, Beowulf
- Twitter: @TheVeryBest, @ThePokémonTrainer (AWF)
Wrestling Career Edit
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment/WWE: Animated Edit
Cartoon Wrestling Alliance Edit
Ash debuted on the premiere episode of Monday Night Evolution in April of 1999. He was the inaugural CWA Champion, defeating Jin Kazama in the quarterfinals, shockingly knocking off Tai Kamiya in the semifinals, and finally defeating Spongebob Squarepants in the finals later that night. He held the title for eleven months before losing it to Tai Kamiya in the main event of the first-ever WrestleLegion. This title reign still stands today as the longest reigning. Ash was known in CWA for his groundbreaking abilities that helped the company in its first few years, becoming part of a collective group of five known by the CWA as the "Founding Fathers" (comprised of himself, Tai Kamiya, Kazuya Mishima, M. Bison, and Ryu).
Around January 2012, Ash shockingly announced to the world that he was retiring from CWA at that year's WrestleLegion, and that he would spend the next three months scouting for opponents who would face him in his final match. In fact, a tournament that reached its zenith and conclusion at Mayhem 2012 saw Tai Kamiya defeat M. Bison (who was returning solely for the tournament) in the Finals. The stage was set: Ash Ketchum vs. Tai Kamiya at WrestleLegion XIII.
At WrestleLegion XIII, the match and atmosphere itself was extraordinary. Tai and Ash wrestled as competitors rather than bitter rivals. Reversal after reversal, kick out and kick out, Tai, even though he was reluctant to put the final nail into Ash's CWA career, finally managed to win with one final Tai Crash. After the match, Tai and Ash hugged it out in the center of the ring, the crowd applauding for the two longtime rivals turned friends. Tai left and let Ash have his moment. Visible tears were seen in Ash's eyes as he stood on the WrestleLegion stage for one final time, kneeling on both knees and raising his hands in the air. The following night on Evolution, Ash made his formal retirement, with the entire CWA locker room, faces, heels, and tweeners alike, breaking kayfabe and coming out to applaud Ash.
Anime Wrestling Federation Edit
Northern Carnage Wrestling Edit
Ash debuted in NCW on the debut show, becoming an NCW Original. He faced Zuko in the first main event of NCW but was screwed by Ben Tennyson who speared him. Later, Ash stated to Ben and Zuko he was in the Six-Man Triple Cage Match for the NCW Heavyweight Championship at No Way Out, having Ash Powerbomb Zuko off the second cage and through the first.
Zuko came out two weeks later and demanded a match against Ash to seek revenge against him and also break his streak of 13-0 at NCW WrestleWars. Ash had competed in the former EPW (Eastern Pro Wrestling) and had a streak in there main pay-per-view WrestleWars which became NCW's main pay-per-view. Ash accepted. At WrestleWars, Ash faced Zuko and despite interference from the stable, Omnimix, Ash beat Zuko and became 14-0.
Following WrestleWars, Ash faded into the history books until Road to Glory where he and the NCW talent where targeted by Omnimix. Ash banded with various NCW wrestlers and beat Omnimix at Road to Glory. Ash later would compete at SpringSlam's $1,000 Battle Royal and eliminated Sonic the Hedgehog to win the money. Following that, he and Sonic got in to a quick rivalry during Sonic's brief time In NCW.
At American Tribute, Ash competed in the X-Cage for the X-Pro Championship. He won the belt by escaping the cage. However, what many thought would be a long reign, was cut short in a Three Way Dance when Danny Phantom performed the Tombstone Piledriver to Ash and Chris House won the belt. Danny stated he and Ash where the same and only won can continue. Only one legend could last and wanted to end Ash's 14-0 streak. Claiming his own 10-0 streak at WrestleWars was better. Ash, the following week, jumped Danny in a No.1 Contender's Match and Speared him, thus causing the NCW Riot.
At WrestleWars, Ash, so enraged about things going on in WWE: Animated and Danny trying to get under his skin, jumped him backstage and tossed him into a pile of crates before dumping more onto him that where full. Ash then took a hiatus from NCW. He returned at Destined Glory and won the Road to Glory match, gaining him a No.1 Contender's spot for the NCW Heavyweight Championship. Later that night, in the best NCW match of 2013, Sokka and Ash battled for 33 minutes, only for Sokka to retain the title.
A few weeks later, Ash faced a returning Danny Phantom and Bolin in a Three Way Ultimate X for a No.1 Contender spot for the X-Pro championship. During the match Bolin was speared by Chris House and Ash power speared Danny off the wires. Ash one the number 1 contender spot and at Anarchy Rulz will face Crash Bandicoot in a X-Pro Championship match.
Awesome Championship Wrestling Edit
Various Storylines (2013–present) Edit
On the May 3, 2013 episode of Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW), Ash Ketchum made his debut as he signed with the rookie company along with his then girlfriend now wife, Misty. Kurt Hudson arrived to ruin his appearance, but Ash took him out with a Superkick. On May 10, 2013, Ketchum made his in-ring debut against Hudson to a losing effort. On May 17, 2013, Ketchum defeated James Griffin in under ten seconds before being assaulted by the debuting Griffin, leading to a match at Spring Breakdown as it involved the Second City Saints (Phil Hardy and Colt Anderson) as his tag team partners against Griffin and Alpha & Omega (Carter Young and Stan Terra) in a Six-man Tag Team Match. At Spring Breakdown, Ketchum and the Saints fought Griffin and Alpha & Omega to a losing effort after Griffin nailed a low blow to Ketchum followed by a Sitout Powerbomb.
Personal Life Edit
In Wrestling Edit
Ash does not seem to specialize in any specific wrestling style as seen with most of his signatures and finishers being adapted from WWE Superstar John Cena along with "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels. His AWF style, however, has drawn comparisons to WWE Hall of Famer, "The Rated-R Superstar" Edge.
Finishing moves Edit
- AA – Attitude Adjustment / F-U (Standing Fireman's Carry transitioned into a kneeling Takeover, sometimes from an elevated position) – adopted from John Cena
- Lighting Bolt (Diving Headbutt) – NCW
- Superkick – adopted from Shawn Michaels
- Spear – AWF; adopted from Edge
Signature moves Edit
- Backhand Chop
- Diving Double Axe Handle
- Diving Elbow Drop
- Diving Leg Drop Bulldog
- Dropkick, sometimes from the top rope
- Emerald Flowsion
- Figure-four Leglock
- Five Knuckle Shuffle (WWE) / Poké Shuffle (ACW) (Running Delayed Fist Drop, with "U ₡ ME" theatrics, sometimes from the top rope) – adopted from John Cena
- Inverted Atomic Drop
- Moonsault to a standing opponent, sometimes while springboarding to the outside
- Multiple Suplex variations
- Leg-hook Saito
- Side Belly-to-belly
- Vertical, sometimes while delaying
- Poké Ball Catch (Lifting DDT, sometimes from the second rope) – AWF
- Poké-O-Matic (Sitout Rear Mat Slam) – AWF; parodied from Edge
- Quick Attack (Running Low-angle Shoulder Block, after an opponent has been Irish whipped off of adjacent ropes)
- Running Leaping Shoulder Block
- Running One-handed Bulldog
- Skin the Cat
- Sitout Hip Toss
- Slingshot Crossbody
- Spin-out Powerbomb
- Sunset Flip Powerbomb
- "The Very Best"
- "The Rated-R Pokémon Trainer" (AWF)
Entrance themes Edit
- "Pokémon Theme" by Jason Paige (WWE; 1998 – 2012 / NCW / WCW)
- "Pokémon Theme (Movie Remix)" by Billy Crawford (WWE)
- "Metalingus" by Alter Bridge (AWF)
- "Me Against the World" by Simple Plan (ACW; May 3, 2013 – present)
Championships and Accomplishments Edit
- AWF World Championship (2 times)
Cartoon Wrestling Association Edit
- CWA Championship (2 times, first-ever)
- CWA Global Championship (3 times)
- CWA Combat Championship (2 times)
- CWA Combine Championship (2 times) – with Brock
- Second CWA Triple Crown Champion (2 times)
- Third CWA Grand Slam Champion (2 times)
- NCW X-Pro Championship (1 time)
- Road To Glory Series (2013)
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment Edit
- WWE Championship (1 time)
- WWF/E Toon (World) Championship (5 times)
- WCW Cartoon World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWF/E Toon Intercontinental Championship (2 times)
- WWF Toon European Championship (1 time)
- WWF Toon Hardcore Championship (1 time)
- WWF/E Toon Tag Team Championships (4 times) – with Brock (2), Yusuke Urameshi (1), and Henry Wong (1)
- King of the Ring (2001)
- Royal Rumble (2002)
- Triple Crown Champion (2 times)
- Grand Slam Champion
WrestleMania streak Edit
|XII||Doctor Eggman and ?||1-0||Tag Team Gauntlet Match|
|XIII||Roger and Derek Generic||2-0||Tag Team Match|
|XIV||Batman and Superman||3-0||Tag Team Match, for the WWF Toon Tag Team Championship|
|X-Seven||Tai Kamiya||6-0||Hell in a Cell|
|X-8||The Blob||7-0||WWF Toon Championship|
|XX||Monkey D. Luffy and Davis Motomiya||9-0||Triple Threat, No. 1 Contender for the WWE Toon Championship|
|22||Big Brother||11-0||WCW Cartoon World Heavyweight Championship|
|23||Big Brother||12-0||WCW Cartoon World Heavyweight Championship|
|XXIV||Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha||13-0||Triple Threat, for the WWE Toon Championship|
|29||Linus van Pelt||18-0|
- When winning both Toon Intercontinental and Toon European Championships at the same time, Ash became a WWF Toon Eurocontinental Champion.
- On AWF Anime Mania II, Ash's victory over Daisuke 'Davis' Motomiya and Takeru 'TK' Takaishi inside Hell in the Cell unofficially ends the Digimon-Pokémon War.
- Ash was the first-ever multiple time world champion in AWF after winning the AWF Championship a second time.
- Ash was the longest reigning CWA Champion in first his reign at 322 days.
- Ash was the longest reigning Cartoon World Heavyweight Champion.