Joan Rivera is an American professional wrestler. She is currently signed to Northern Carnage Wrestling (NCW) on the Electric brand, World Championship Entertainment, Apex Caliber Wrestling on the RAMPAGE brand and Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment.
- Series: OC
- Species: Human
- Age: 16
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 124 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) NCW, WCE, UWE, ACW (formerly) NGW
- Debut: 2013
- Status: Active
- Billed from: El Paso, Texas
- Allies: Gamer Generation 2.0, Jonathan Ellis (boyfriend), Sasuke Uchiha
- Rivals: Korra, Coco Bandicoot, Katniss Everdeen, Rena Williams, Rika Nonaka, (Young) Gwen Tennyson, Ellen Ripley, Jesse Alvarez, DXP
- Twitter: @GamerChamp
Early Life Edit
Before she went into the FWM, she had eight matches inside a Gym, the first three ended in her losing and being mocked due to the negative stereotypes people thought of gamers and her performance, this made her more determined to prove everyone wrong and caused her to train a lot harder. later after she trained to what she consider decent, she started attacking her biggest critic who happened to the toughest guy in the gym, it got to the state where a match between the two were made, during the match she shocked everyone when she nailed the Gamer Kick and got the three count, this has led to Joan being acknowledge by her peers who still hated her and caused the head coach to hate her guts.
The coach decided to make an example out of her by having her attacked by two of her female peers, this led to her challenging the two to a two on one handicap match which she ended up winning and finding out the coach was the one who sent the two. infuriated by Joan, the coach tried new ways of getting her out however each time she found a way around it, frustrated the coach declared that if Joan can beat him in a match he will teach her his favorite move however if she loses she will have to give up wrestling, Joan agreed seeing it as the only way to get him off her back.
During the match, she shocked everyone during the match getting the 3 count on him, leading to him having to teach her the Chikara Special submission move. This only served to infuriate the coach even more declaring that women shouldn't wrestle and can't do it; this led to Joan pointing out the she got the pin over the toughest guy and the coach himself with him declaring it was a fluke, angered by him Joan declared that she will face both of them in separate weeks declaring that if she wins they will seize all their talks and declare her the best wrestler in the gym. in the seventh match Joan won against the toughest guy by making him tap out to the Chikara special which she calls the Game Over, infuriating the coach even further on purpose, in the final match Joan won after making him tap out to Game Over after the match both the coach and the toughest guy declared Joan the best wrestler and earning their respect despite how much they hate her guts.
Professional Wrestling Career Edit
Next Gen Wrestling Edit
In the first week of Next Gen Wrestling (NGW) she beat Ashley Mesnard in a match forcing her to tap out due to the Game Over. She was in a tag team with Korra after the later came up to her with the idea, she and Korra were in the running to become the first women's tag team champions in NGW, which would later fold, ruining the chances of Korra and Joan becoming the inaugural NGW Women's Tag Team Champions.
Apex Caliber Wrestling Edit
Rivera made her debut on Apex Caliber Wrestling (ACW) in a losing effort against Samantha Hart. She would go on to wrestle Sakura Haruno to a losing effort before being released from the company due to the vast roster and lack of plans for Rivera.
Return to ACW (2013) Edit
On August 2, 2013 at the Ignition pre-show for the first-ever ACW Brand Extension, Rivera made her unannounced return to ACW as she was drafted to RAMPAGE as the 18th overall and final pick. The reason behind this is assumed that Joshua Garza signed her back to the company and to his brand.
World Championship Entertainment Edit
Rivera signed a contract with World Championship Entertainment (WCE) and has yet to debut.
Northern Carnage Wrestling Edit
"Rated-M Superstar" and Women's Champion (2014–2015) Edit
Rivera made her Northern Carnage Wresting (NCW) debut on the August 17, 2013 edition of Prime. She faced Ellen Ripley who was also in her debut match in NCW. Ripley however beat Joan in a match after performing the Flame Thrower and pinning her.
In October Joan returned to fight off the Houses with Ellen Ripley but after the fight Joan pulled out a game controller and cracked it over Ellen's head five time, cutting her open. Claiming she was fed up of handing the spotlight to a "handout" of DXP (anyone not a NCW original) and the jobbing was crap. Joan the following week interrupted a four way brawl and made remarks on each wrestler in the ring but at the end of the shoot promo Ellen pushed Joan's ladder down. At Destined Glory with the assist of Allison Wilson earned a number one contender spot for the NCW Woman's Championship against Rika Nonaka who Joan had jumped earlier that night.
The following week on Prime Joan beat Rika with the help of Knives Chu to win the championship, using the Gamer Kick and her former friend Korra's finisher as a way to show who was dominate now in NCW. Joan has commented on twitter how DXP gives to many "handouts" and is a "lazy ass businessman". Afterwards, she started to assault Coco Bandicoot repeatedly, calling her a "spotlight has-been". Coco would lash out in a out of character styles, nearly hospitalizing Joan 2 weeks before Anarchy Rulz., where Joan successfully defended her belt against Coco after dropping Coco back first on a unfolded ladder, cutting open Coco's back.
The following week at NCW's One Year Anniversary, feeling nobody except Rena Williams, Knives Chu and Allison Wilson deserved a title shot, she put on a three way dance for the "JCW (Joan Championship Wrestling) Championship". Rena won the three way but the whole thing was a set up. Gamer Generation along with Joan backstabbing Rena who they believed had turned on them at Anarchy Rulz during a tag match between Allison Wilson, Knives Chu and Rika Nonaka, Ellen Ripley. DXP outraged told Joan she would defend her belt in a Three Way against Rena Williams and the winner of a battle royal. Katniss Everdeen won that battle royal later that night and got a spot in the Three Way. At No Way Out Joan eliminated Rena first by pinning her. Katniss was eliminated by submission later when Joan countered a bow and arrow with a Game Over forcing her to tap out.
Throughout the past few months Joan has started to mimic and insult Korra, who was at the time on hiatus do to injure. At Anarchy Rulz she returned and saved Coco from another Joan Assault. Joan then kept pecking away at Korra about her being insecure, even to the point changing Korra's personality. Korra then seemed to lose everything due the Joan ranging from her boyfriend, Drew Cage, a place to live, and friends. Korra lashed out in anger after Joan publicly announced Drew Cage's breakup with Korra. The following week, Korra jumped Joan twice which resulted in two separate brawls. One out in the ring after Joan and Gamer Generation had decimated The Houses (Velvet and Lillian) and another backstage, after Joan had slowly started to attack various wrestlers. This lead to Joan having to defend her woman's championship against Korra at NCW April Assault and being barred from the NCW Arena.
Joan is the quiet fun loving type when off the Fiction Multiverse Twitter. She hates people who has to cheat to get the belt because they are not true champs. However, she became hypocritical, rude, and judgmental, calling everyone in NCW a handout who are insecure when in return she is the one that cheats, hogs the spotlight and attacks people. She is what one a tomboy as she loves wrestling isn't afraid to get hurt and love having the chance to prove her worth. what she lacks in strength she more than makes up for in brains and takes advantage of any opportunity available to her. She loves video games and doesn't care what the fans think of her.
Personal Life Edit
Rivera's nickname "Gamer Champ" comes from her winning the Video Games World Championship and beating the previous winner, hence the reason why that nickname was coined by Rivera herself. she has defended this title each year since if she loses thanks to legal reasons she can no longer call herself "gamer champ".
Joan is currently in a relationship with CCW commentator Jonathan Ellis.
In Wrestling Edit
Finishing moves Edit
- Game Over (Kneeling step-over head-hold wrist-lock followed by hooking the opponent's far leg)
- Gamer Kick (Superkick) – used as a signature move in ACW
- Red Ring of Death (Tilt-a-whirl Headscissors Armbar)
- Ubergree / Downplay (Double Underhook Facebuster)
Signature moves Edit
- Abominable Stretch
- Bulldog, usually preceded by a Corner Clothesline
- Beat 'em Up (Forearm Smash followed by a left slap followed by a right low kick followed by a Spinning Backfist followed by a Discus Elbow Smash)
- Déjà Vu DDT (Tilt-a-whirl DDT) – adopted from Mike Quackenbush
- First-person Shooter (Jumping High Knee)
- Front Dropkick
- Guillotine Choke with bodyscissors
- Hack and Slash (Scissors stomp to a kneeling or bent-over opponent's head followed by a Discus Lariat)
- Hurricanrana, sometimes to an oncoming opponent
- 2K Suplex Special (Vertical Suplex followed by a Brainbuster)
- 2K Suplex Special II (Vertical Suplex followed by a Double Underhook DDT)
- Mass Effect (Kneeling Double Underhook Ganso Bomb)
- Monkey Flip
- Multiple knee lifts, to an opponent leaning through the ropes
- Platformer Leap (Diving Crossbody)
- Seizure Warning (Reverse Frankensteiner)
- Shining Wizard
- Shiranui, sometimes while standing
- Shoot 'em Up (Repeated Shoot Kicks to a kneeling opponent's chest followed by a Roundhouse to the head) – parodied from Danial Bryan
- Side-scroller (Running One-armed Swinging Neckbreaker)
- Somersault Senton, from the apron
- Spin Kick
- Springboard Clothesline
- Third-person Shooter (Missile Dropkick to the back of the opponent's head)
- Tilt-a-whirl Headscissors Takedown, sometimes transitioned into a Single-arm DDT floated over into a Fujiwara Armbar
- Tornado DDT, sometimes while springboarding
- Video game controller shot
- Allison Wilson
- Knives Chu
- Rena Williams
- "(The) Gamer Champ"
- "The Rated-M Superstar"
Entrance themes Edit
- "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" by The Offspring (NCW; 2013 – 2014 / ACW; May 2013)
- "Fantasy" by Bulletproof Messenger (NCW; 2014 – 2016 / UWE; 2014 – present / ACW; August 2, 2013; used once for her surprise return)
- "Off The Chain" (Instrumental) by Dale Oliver (NCW; 2016 – present)
Championships and Accomplishments Edit
Fiction Wrestling Awards Edit
- Female Wrestler of the Year (2013)
- Female Talker of the Year (2014)