Kenshin Himura, known as one of the legendary hitokiri of the Meiji Revolution, Himura Battōsai during the Meiji Revolution, is the main protagonist and titular character of the Rurouni Kenshin series. Kenshin has spent ten years traveling Japan as a rurouni in search of redemption, carrying a sakabatō with the vow to never kill again. In early 1878, he arrives in Tokyo and takes up residence at the Kamiya dojo, where his vow is tested as he fights to keep the country's peace.
In the Fiction Wrestling Multiverse (FWM), Himura is a professional wrestler currently signed to Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW) on the RAMPAGE brand.
He began his career in ECW: Blood & Ink where he is known to be the man along with Sanosuke Sagara to knock out Broly himself and is one of the very original members of the famous Anime Dynasty in WWE: Animated.
- Series: Rurouni Kenshin
- Species: Human
- Age: 28
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 199 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) ACW (Formerly) ECW: Blood & Ink, WWE: Animated
- Debut: 1994
- Status: Active
- Billed from: Tokyo, Japan
- Allies: Kaoru Kamiya, Sanosuke Sagara, Yahiko Myōjin, Yusuke Urameshi, Sailor Moon, Ranma Saotome, Beowulf, Naruto Uzumaki
- Rivals: Zeke Aries
- Twitter: @WandererKenshin
Wrestling Career Edit
World Wrestling Federation/Entertainment/WWE Edit
ECW: Blood & Ink Edit
Awesome Championship Wrestling Edit
Feuding with Zeke Aries (2013–present) Edit
On the June 21, 2013 episode of Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW), Kenshin Himura made a surprise debut as Vergil's opponent handpicked by Dante, wrestling him to a losing effort. The following week, Himura faced Zeke Cage in a singles match and defeated him; he paid his opponent post-match, but would be blindsided by a Cage KO from him. Cage established his heel turn by stating that Himura is nothing more than a nice guy as they finish last and will be proving soon enough. At Reign in Blood, Himura was interviewed by Mike "The Mic" Martin over Cage's new personally, then Cage would appear to deride and mock the legend, proclaiming him as old news and how he's the future of this business; he'd take it one step too far by calling Himura a "pedophile" due to his relationship with longtime ally, Karou Kamiya and slaps him across the face, igniting a brawl between them before the backstage crew and security had to separate them.
On the July 5, 2013 premiere episode of ACW Friday Night Ignition, Kenshin would face Rando in an ACW International Championship Tourney in order to enter the Battle Royale at the go-home show before Rebellion. In spite of Cage's interference, Himura manages to get a victory over Rando after Dax Din prevented Cage from further assault.
Soft-spoken, serene and humble, Kenshin Himura's usual demeanor suits his effeminate appearance perfectly. Always willing to put others before himself, both in terms of well-being and social standing, Kenshin usually refers to others with the noble honorific of "-dono" while nearly always speaking of himself with the particularly humble pronoun "sessha" (translated by Viz as "this one") and ending his phrases with the formal verb "de gozaru" (translated by Media Blasters as phrases like "that it is" or "that I am"). He carries himself with an air of amicable temperance, politely conversing with the people he encounters and freely giving his meager services to those who need a hand. Kenshin doesn't hesitate to put himself in the path of harm to shield those around him and often attempts to diffuse contentious situations with soft, calming words and a somewhat clownish personality involving feigned clumsiness and his trademark interjection "oro" (a unique pronunciation of "ara").
Personal Life Edit
In Wrestling Edit
With Kenshin's weight and height, he uses that as an advantage for speed and high-flying skills.
Finishing moves Edit
- Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki / Flash of the Heavenly Soaring Dragon (Diving Leg Lariat from the ladder) – used rarely
- Ryūtsuisen / Dragon Hammer Flash (Multiple Leg Lariat variations)
- Samurai X (Gory Special flipped forward into a Sitout Powerbomb)
- Wanderer's Code (Tiger Feint Kick to the head of an opponent draped over the second rope) followed by a:
- Battōsai's Wrath
- Phoenix Splash
- Ryūtsuisen, either diving or springboard
- Sky High Battōsai
- Soaring Sakabatō
- Springboard Crossbody
- Springboard Hurricanrana
Signature moves Edit
- Atomic Drop
- Backhand Chop
- Battōsai's Wrath (Diving Double Foot Stomp, sometimes to a tree of woe hung opponent)
- Dragon Screw
- Flying Sakabatō Forearm (Flying Forearm Smash followed by a kip-up)
- Half Nelson Bulldog
- Inverted Atomic Drop
- Knee Drop
- Moonsault to a standing opponent, sometimes while springboarding to the outside
- Multiple kick variations
- Drop, sometimes from the top rope
- Feint Roundhouse into a Spinning Heel
- Feint Shining Wizard transitioned into a Reverse Roundhouse
- Running Single Leg Front Drop
- Ryūshōsen / Dragon Soar Flash (Super, sometimes as a counter to a diving opponent)
- Soccer to the the chest of a seated opponent
- Multiple Suplex variations
- Half Nelson
- Leg-hook Belly-to-back
- Northern Lights, sometimes while bridging
- Muta Lock
- Phoenix Splash
- Reverse Neckbreaker (Over-the-shoulder Back-to-belly Piledriver onto the knee) – adopted from Kazuchika Okada
- Sakabatō Forearm / Reverse Blade Forearm (Discus Forearm Smash)
- Skin the Cat
- Sky High Battōsai (Diving Somersault Senton)
- Soaring Sakabatō (Springboard Forearm Smash)
- Slingshot Plancha
- Tornado DDT
- Ushigoroshi (Fireman's Carry Neckbreaker) – adopted from Hirooki Goto
- Way of the Samurai (Lifting DDT)
- "The Legendary Battōsai"
- "The Wanderer"
- "The Giant Killer"
- "Himura Battōsai"
- "Hitokiri Battōsai"
Entrance themes Edit
- "Heart of Sword" by T.M. Revolution (ACW; June 21, 2013 – present)
Championships and Accomplishments Edit
Extreme Championship Wrestling Edit
- ECW Animation Television Championship (4 times)
- ECW Animation Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Sanosuke Sagara (1) and Yahiko Myōjin (1)
World Wrestling Federation Edit
- WWF Toon Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Ranma Saotome
- Himura is one of the only wrestlers with Sanosuke Sagara to gain a victory over Broly via knockout.