"From that day forth…my arm changed…and a voice echoed 'Power… Give me more power…!' And if I become a demon, so be it. I will endure the exile. Anything to protect her!" ― Nero after his Devil Trigger activates for the first time, Devil May Cry 4
Nero is the main protagonist in the fourth installment of the Devil May Cry video game series. Nero serves as a Holy Knight in the Order of the Sword, a religious group that worships Sparda and fights to protect the world from demons. Kyrie is the childhood friend of Nero, who he shares a strong romantic bond with; this romance plays a major part in driving Nero throughout the events of Devil May Cry 4.
In the Fiction Wrestling Multiverse (FWM), Nero is a professional wrestler currently signed to X-Treme Crossover Federation (XCF) competing in their developmental territory Santa Destroy Wrestling (SDW) and Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW) competing in their developmental territory Adrenaline Impact Wrestling (AIW) and also performing on the Ignition brand.
- Series: Devil May Cry
- Species: Demon / Human hybrid
- Age: 18
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 221 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) XCF (SDW), ACW (AIW)
- Debut: 2008
- Status: Active
- Billed from: Fortuna City, Japan
- Allies: Dante, Kyrie (girlfriend)
- Rivals: TBD
- Twitter: ?
Wrestling Career Edit
X-Treme Crossover Federation Edit
Awesome Championship Wrestling Edit
Adrenaline Impact Wrestling (2013–present) Edit
In contrast with Dante's laid-back and occasionally flirtatious attitude, Nero is a serious, cynical, distant, sardonic and somewhat anti-social person. He is a choleric character, prone to mood swings, and has been seen to both cry and become very angry multiple times during the events of Devil May Cry 4.
He is also very rebellious, much like Dante and Sparda before him: he wields guns, despite the Order's general prohibition against them; he doesn't really believe in the Order's religion; and cares little for the legend of Sparda. Despite this, he is also very loyal to his friends, especially to Kyrie and Credo. Even though he doesn't care for the Order of the Sword's religion, Nero still participates in some of their activities out of respect for Credo and Kyrie. However, his rebellious nature leads to the Order having him work alone on "special jobs." In fact, Nero actually prefers to act as a lone wolf.
Like Dante, Nero is a somewhat arrogant and cocky person. He shares Dante's habit of casually mouthing off to even the most powerful of his enemies, making taunts and sarcastic jokes on the battlefield. Nero also taunts in a similar, sarcastic fashion to Dante: One taunt involves him bowing mockingly and asking, "Shall we dance?"; another has him aiming the Blue Rose at his enemies and saying "Bang!" instead of shooting; and still another has him applaud his enemies.
When he first received the Devil Bringer, he considered it a curse, and covered it with a medical sling to hide it out of shame. However, over time he began to train with the Devil Bringer but doesn't fully accept it's existence until the end of Devil May Cry 4.
Nero is one of the few characters in the Devil May Cry series to actually swear and showcased offensive and crude behavior to others. Such instances includes: He calls Agnus a "jackass" and his laboratory a "hellhole". He also almost calls Agnus a "son of a bitch" later, but is cut short. Before fighting Dante, he tells him "'Kid'? Well, if that's how you see me, I think you'll blush a pretty pink when I kick your ass!" Later on, he tells Sanctus "Go blow yourself" and could say "I'm not interested in your bullshit!" when using a Buster in the first battle with the vicar. Lastly, he gives Dante the middle finger before being absorbed by The Savior.
Personal Life Edit
In Wrestling Edit
Finishing moves Edit
- Devil Claw (Iron Claw)
- Red Queen (Three-quarter Facelock Leg-hook Belly-to-back Suplex)
- Trigger Heart (Leg hook Belly-to-back Suplex lifted and dropped into a Piledriver)
Signature moves Edit
- Argentine Backbreaker Rack dropped into a Powerbomb
- Backflip Handstand Headscissors Takedown
- Brainbuster, sometimes on the ring apron
- Blue Rose (Springboard Forearm Smash)
- Devil Bringer Lariat (Crooked Arm Lariat, often transitioned from a twisting short-arm)
- Devil Buster (Muscle Buster)
- Diving Knee Drop
- Double Down (Argentine Backbreaker Rack dropped into a Facebreaker Knee Smash)
- Figure-four Leglock
- Fosbury Flop
- Forearm Smash, sometimes while flying followed by a kip-up or while sliding
- Hell Bound (Suicide Somersault Plancha)
- Knife Edge Chop
- Multiple kick variations
- Drop, sometimes from the top rope or as a pop-up counter
- Jumping Corkscrew Roundhouse, often preceded by a handspring
- Spinning Heel to a cornered opponent
- Multiple Suplex variations
- Bridging Northern Lights
- Devil Snatch (Snap German Suplex, often into a bridge or sometimes into the turnbuckles)
- High Roller (Rolling Release)
- Overhead Belly-to-belly
- Vertical lifted and dropped into a Neckbreaker Slam
- Vertical Side Slam
- Muta Lock
- Roulette Spin (Corkscrew Moonsault, sometimes while standing)
- Rope-hung Neckbreaker
- Skin the Cat
- Snap Scoop Powerslam
- Victory Roll into a Cross Armbar
- "The Lone Devil Hunter"
Entrance themes Edit
- "Shall Never Surrender" by Jason Arnold (XCF/SDW)
- "Unstoppable" by Motionless in White (AIW; July 25, 2013 – present)