Rando, also known as Shorin, is the main antagonist during the Disciple Selection Trials in the first season of the anime Yu Yu Hakusho.
- Series: Yu Yu Hakusho
- Species: Demon
- Age: ?
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 242 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) APEX (AU)
- Debut: 2013
- Status: Active
- Billed from: The Depths of the Spirit World
- Allies: None
- Rivals: Rin Okumura, Yusuke Urameshi
- Twitter: @AbilityThief
Professional Wrestling Career Edit
Apex Caliber Wrestling Edit
APEX Underground (2013–present) Edit
Rando is only concerned with power. He steals techniques from those who have mastered them, and kills the victims after he masters them. Also, while fighting Yusuke, it's revealed that Rando is a sadist when he says that he tested each of the techniques that he stole from the psychics (fighters) on them, and did so because he wanted them to experience fear.
Personal Life Edit
In Wrestling Edit
Rando consists a usage of puroresu and powerhouse abilities, known to brutally strike his opponents, but infamously known to steal and copy his opponent's moves for his own usage against them, sometimes with devastating results. Due to this, Rando is a very unpredictable wrestler, rarely using the same move more than once, and allowing his foes to be confused and which attack he would use next. Rando especially takes sadistic pleasure of pain from his opponents. willing to bide his time in the match to endure punishment to their weak points in order to hear their screams.
Finishing moves Edit
- Burning Hammer (Inverted Death Valley Driver, sometimes into the turnbuckles or from the second rope)
- Chaotic Silence (Over-the-shoulder Single Leg Boston Crab with a Neckscissors)
- Demon Driver (Karelin lift dropped into a Side Piledriver) – "adopted" from Yusuke Urameshi
- Fiery Palms (Two-handed Clawhold, sometimes while lifting the opponent)
- Ganso Bomb
- Gotch-Style Piledriver (Cradle Piledriver, sometimes from the second rope)
- Perfect Pandemonium (Cradle Reverse STO)
Signature moves Edit
- Backhand Chop
- Brain Chop
- Chinlock, often while swinging the opponent
- Circles of Inferno (Spinning Backbreaker Rack, sometimes into a Burning Hammer)
- Confusion Curse (Over-the-shoulder Back-to-belly Piledriver, sometimes from the second rope, on the apron or onto the knee)
- Demon Wave / Yōkōdan (Forward Somersault Cutter) – "adopted" from Yusuke Urameshi; used rarely as a finishing move
- Fallaway Slam, sometimes while bridging
- Gory Special
- Horizontal Gory Special, sometimes into an Inverted Samoan Drop
- High Knee, sometimes to a cornered opponent
- Inverted Headlock Takeover into a Crossface
- Lariat, sometimes feigning followed by a Lariat to the back of the head
- Life-Force Thread (Giant Swing)
- Multiple kick variations
- Big Boot
- Double Foot Stomp, sometimes from the top rope
- Feint Super, followed by a second to the knee
- Running Single Leg Drop to the opponent's knee
- Multiple Suplex variations
- Bridging / Release Dragon
- Delayed Gutwrench, sometimes from the top rope
- Half Nelson
- Head and Arm
- Multiple German variations
- Super to an opponent on the apron
- X, sometimes while bridging
- Muscle Buster, sometimes from the second rope – rarely used as a finishing move
- Nerve hold
- Pendulum Backbreaker, sometimes preceded by a tilt-a-whirl, as a counter to a diving opponent, and usually into a submission
- Pumphandle Neckbreaker
- Snapping opponent's fingers
- Spirit Killer (Horizontal Belly-to-back Suplex spun out into a Sitout Facebuster)
- Standing Side Slam
- Throat Thrust Uppercut
- Tornado Sickle (Discus Lariat)
- Triple Short-arm Clothesline combination
- "The Master of 1,000 Techniques"
- "(The) Ability Thief"
- "The Demonic Sadist"
- "(The) Human Hunter"
Entrance themes Edit
- "Warrior" by Disturbed (AU; 2013–present)