Ryūko Matoi is the main protagonist of the anime and manga series Kill la Kill. She transferred to Honnōji Academy searching for the twin of her red Scissor Blade and the person who used it to murder her father, Isshin Matoi.
In the Fiction Wrestling Multiverse (FWM), Matoi is a professional wrestler currently signed to Anime Wrestling Federation (AWF), Cartoon Anime Society Z (CASZ), Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW) performing in its developmental territory Adrenaline Impact Wrestling (AIW), Northern Carnage Wrestling (NCW), and SPARK Women's Wrestling.
- Series: Kill la Kill
- Species: Life Fibers-infused Human
- Age: 17
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 122 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) AWF, CASZ, ACW (AIW), NCW, SPARK (Formerly) FTW
- Debut: 2013–2014
- Status: Active
- Billed from: Honnō City, Japan
- Allies: Satsuki Kiryūin (sister), Mako Mankanshoku (best friend), Mikasa Ackerman, Rin Okumura, Percy Jackson (crush), Christa Moxley, Ruby Rose
- Rivals: Haruhi Suzumiya, Asuna Yuuki, Nui Harime, Ragyo Kiryuin (mother)
- Twitter: @GuitarCaseVagabond
Professional Wrestling Career
Cartoon Anime Society Z
Awesome Championship Wrestling
Adrenaline Impact Wrestling (2013–present)
On the July 4, 2013 episode of AIW, Ryūko Matoi debuted in a match against Ellie Langford, who she defeated via submission. On August 1, 2013, Matoi was announced to be part of a tournament to determine the next number one contender against Rukia Kuchiki for her AIW Women's Championship. On August 8, 2013, Matoi defeated Trish in the quarterfinals match. She is currently scheduled to face tag team partner Mikasa Ackerman on the August 15, 2013 episode in the main event.
Anime Wrestling Federation
Japanese Animation Wrestling
Women's Tag Team Champion (2016–present)
Full Throttle Wrestling
Northern Carnage Wrestling
Allegheny Mountain Wrestling (2016)
It was announced on February 20, 2016 that Matoi had signed with NCW and would be start her career by competing in the promotions new developmental territory Allegheny Mountain Wrestling. She spent much of her time battling against Holly Storm for the AMW Female's Championship, though she was unsuccessfully in her efforts.
Main Roster (2017–present)
Matoi made her main roster debut on April 15, 2017 at Rejuvenation by entering the 20-woman Royal Rumble for the NCW World Women's Championship. She spent over ten minutes in the match before being eliminated.
Ryūko has a relatively simple personality: fierce and stubborn. She fears little, which is demonstrated when she directly and disrespectfully addresses Satsuki Kiryūin, demanding that her questions be answered, and when she fights Takaharu Fukuroda, even though he is clearly overpowered. Later on, she is shown to be quite embarrassed when she is forced to fight in Senketsu's very revealing alternate form, though she overcomes her embarrassment in the third episode showing that while she is not afraid of fighting to her death, she is somewhat self-conscious.
She shows fierce determination in finding her father's killer. Her stubbornness was taken up to ridiculous levels when she managed to free herself from Ragyō's mind control by merely punching herself. This same episode, however, has one of few demonstrations of shock on her part, when Ragyō defeats Satsuki, rips out Ryūko's heart and reveals to be her mother.
When Ryūko is brainwashed after being forced to put on Junketsu by Ragyō, her personality changes to be wild and sadistic, destroying everything around her without reason. After she is freed she goes back to her usual personality, but is somewhat calmer and more mature. She also makes peace with Satsuki and is able to fight with her as a comrade, but is still having trouble recognizing her as her sister. Although, after Satsuki catches her when she is falling back to earth and welcomes her home warmly, Ryūko replies by calling her "sis."
Matoi does best as a hard-hitting brawler with a taste of high-flying, her strikes being very stiff and fast-paced maneuvers being hard to keep up with.
- Fiber Lost / Sen'i Sōshitsu (Avalanche bodyscissors backflip into a Back-to-back Kneeling Piledriver)
- Kisaragi (Springboard Knee Strike to an opponent's head) – used rarely; last resort
- Scissor Blade (Wrist-lock transitioned into a Short-arm Lariat)
- Argentine Powerbomb
- Beserker Mode / Senketsu Rush (Forearm Smash followed by a European Uppercut followed by a Back Kick followed by a Backfist followed by a Discus Elbow Smash)
- Dragon Sleeper
- Elbow Smash
- Electric Chair Drop, sometimes used as a counter
- Forearm Smash, sometimes while sliding
- Fresh Blood (Fireman's Carry Neckbreaker Slam)
- High Knee
- Japanese Arm Drag, sometimes done repeatedly in succession
- Matoi Roll (Modified Victory Roll, as a Powerbomb counter) – adopted from Manami Toyota
- Multiple kick variations
- Big Boot
- Drop, sometimes from the top rope, to an opponent on the outside or sliding
- Leg Lariat
- Super, usually preceded by a Turnbuckle Powerbomb
- Multiple Suplex variations
- Bridging or Release Dragon
- Bridging Half-hatch
- Exploder, sometimes inverted
- German, sometimes while bridging
- Leg-hook Sitout Slam
- Straight Jacket
- Pumphandle Side Slam
- Red Fiber Bomb (Spin-out Sitout Powerbomb)
- Seated Fujiwara Armbar
- Senketsu Senjin / Blade Flash (Over-the-shoulder Back-to-belly Piledriver onto the knee)
- Senketsu Shippu / Senketsu Gale (Diving Somersault Neckbreaker, often floated over into a small package)
- Senjin Shippu / Blade Gale (Diving Forearm Smash)
- Suicide Dive, sometimes transitioned into an elbow smash
- Tornado DDT
- "(The) Guitar Case Vagabond"
- "The Kanto Vagabond"
- "The Guitar Case Drifter"
- "In Between" by Beartooth (AIW; July 4, 2013 – present)
- "Before My Body Is Dry" by Mika Kobayashi (AWF)
- "Celtic Invasion" by CFO$ (FTW; 2015 – 2017 / SPARK; 2017 – present)
- "Bleed the Same" by Remains of Jade (AMW; 2016)
- "Master of Puppets" by Metallica (NCW; 2017 – present)
Championships and Accomplishments
- AWF Women's Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Mikasa Ackerman