Spin is mainly known for exclusive tenure in UWE until 2014 when the promotion folded for the second time before returning to it around its third revival. He's also known for his 6-year tenure in New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) from 1988 to 1994.
Spin made his debut in 1988, wrestling in NJPW. He was the inaugural and longest-reigning NJPW Japanimation Deathmatch Championship, which he was the innovator of the belt. He was also the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion. During 1993 as he was still signed to NJPW, he joined UWE and signed an multi-year contract after leaving NJPW in 1994. While in UWE, Spin held the UWE Galaxy Championship twice, the UWE X-Treme Championship four times and the UWE Duos Championship with Scorpion. He was also inducted into the UWE Hall of Fame in 2013.
In 2014, Spin was inducted into the Fiction Wrestling Hall of Fame.
Like many others in Fiction Wrestling, he is an OC, which stands for "original character", where he doesn't belong to any media series.
- Series: OC
- Species: Mobian Hedgehog
- Age: 41
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 268 lbs.
- Companies: (Currently) UWE, ACW (Formerly) IWF, NJPW
- Debut: 1988; 1993 (UWE)
- Status: Active
- Billed from: South Island, Mobius
- Allies: Asui Hikaru (fiancée), Scorpion (best friend), Tammy Blake (adventure buddy, student), Beowulf, Hope the Hedgehog, most of the UWE face roster
- Rivals: Mael Radec, The Dragonborn, Rookie Revolution, The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns), Conker the Squirrel (friendly), Jason Grace
- Twitter: @TheDeathmatchIcon
Wrestling Career Edit
New Japan Pro Wrestling Edit
Ultimate Wrestling Entertainment Edit
UWE Rebirth Edit
UWE V2 Edit
Inter-Dimensional Wrestling Federation Edit
Awesome Championship Wrestling Edit
In 2014, after Spin's contract was bought by Joshua Garza in an IWF Roster Auction when the promotion folded, he signed with Awesome Championship Wrestling (ACW). He made his official debut to ACW at Ignition II, facing Beowulf to a loss. In post-match, Spin shook Beowulf's hand out of respect and both men would be assaulted by Kurt Hudson and Hattori Hanzo, who they managed to fight off. The next week on Ignition III, Spin, along with Beowulf, Naruto Uzumaki and Ichigo Kurosaki, defeated the team of Hudson, Hanzo, Sasuke Uchiha and Jason Krueger in an eight-man tag team match. On the July 26, 2013 episode of Ignition, he would take on Hanzo and lost, thus giving Hudson the right to call the stipulation for his match against Beowulf at Rebellion.
Spin is insane in the membrane, but he's a nice guy always willing to stick up for friends or loved ones he always gets into random, crazy, insane situations. There are a few words to describe Spin—(Spin: Sexy, handsome, awesome? :O) ...Those, but he always goes out to that ring with a smile on his face and insanity in his eyes. He doesn't care what he has to risk, he would simply risk it and have fun doing it.
Personal Life Edit
Every so often, Spin hangs out with Tammy Blake and goes on exciting and crazy adventures with her, sometimes causing problems for everyone else that lives in the Fiction Wrestling Multiverse (FWM).
Spin is currently engaged to Asui Hikaru.
Around the FWM, Spin is the "Butt Monkey", meaning he gets his butt kicked a lot by various fictional characters, objects of the Multiverse, authors (Yes, authors), and real life professional wrestlers such as The Shield.
In Wrestling Edit
In wrestling, Spin is a Hardcore Brawler, but he mixes it up with technical and high-flying moves.
Finishing moves Edit
- GTS – Go to Sleep (Fireman's Carry dropped into a knee lift) – adopted from and in tribute to Asui Hikaru, used rarely
- K.O. Elbow (Discus Elbow Smash)
- Pain Bringer (Powerbomb dropped into a Double Knee Backbreaker)
Signature moves Edit
- 630° Senton, sometimes while performing a corkscrew
- Cactus Clothesline
- Death Kills (Discus Big Boot)
- Double Underhook DDT
- Dropkick, sometimes as a Flapjack counter
- Exploder Suplex into the turnbuckles
- Fate Changer (Half and Half Suplex)
- Fireman's Carry Double Knee Gutbuster
- Knee Strike to the midsection, as a counter to an oncoming opponent
- Leg Drop, sometimes with a chair positioned on the opponent's face
- Over-the-shoulder Belly-to-back Piledriver
- Pulling Piledriver
- Running Big Boot to a cornered opponent
- Running Elbow Drop or Double Axe Handle to the face of an opponent placed in the tree of woe
- Running knee lift to the face of an opponent seated in the corner
- Senton to the outside of the ring, usually from the ring apron
- Shining Wizard
- Somersault Topé through the second and top ropes
- South Island Hangover (Diving Somersault Leg Drop)
- Spinning Side Slam
- Springboard Spinning Heel Kick to the back of an opponent's head
- Suicide Dive
- Swinging Neckbreaker, sometimes while running
- Violence Party (Multiple Backhand Chops and Elbow Smashes to a cornered opponent followed by Headbutts, a Snapmare, Football Kicks, Knee Strikes, Shoot Kicks and finally finished with a Lariat or a Scissors Kick) – adopted from Super Dragon
- Wrist-lock transitioned into a Springboard Tornado DDT
- Tammy Blake
- "The Deathmatch Icon"
- "Mr. Spin" (nicknamed by Tammy Blake)
Entrance themes Edit
- "Endless Possibility" by Jaret Reddick of Bowling for Soup
Championships and Accomplishments Edit
Fiction Wrestling Hall of Fame Edit
- Class of 2014
New Japan Pro Wrestling Edit
- NJPW Japanimation Deathmatch Championship (1 time, first-ever)
- NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- UWE Galaxy Championship (2 times)
- UWE X-Treme Championship (4 times)
- UWE Duos Championship (1 time) – with Scorpion
- UWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2013)
- Spin has never missed a WrestleNation event since his debut.
- Spin has competed in the most Brass Ring Ladder Matches, yet has never won any of them.